Has no one at Google ever heard the expression "If it ain't broke, don't
fix it!"?

They've EFFED up the maps and made them almost completely unusable.
"Almost" as in there's no such thing as a "perfect idiot" because no
one's perfect.

I like to use the maps to find places that are in the news. Helps me to
grasp what's going on. There was a story yesterday about the U.S.
involving it in a dispute between China and Japan about some islands. If
you search for those islands in the new Google Maps, it says they're in
BELGIUM.

If you do manage to find the location in spite of Google's best effort
to misdirect you, there's no satellite view any more.

It's like they have to prove their programmers can shove their heads SO
MUCH FARTHER up their assholes than Micro$oft ever could.