I need some advice.

Later this month, we will be going on a trip.  After 3 days in San
Diego (including the Zoo), we will fly to Japan for a week, mostly in
Tokyo, Kyoto and Mt Fuji/Hakone Park.  We then will spend a few days
in Beijing, including a day trip to The Great Wall, followed by three
days in San Francisco.

Because we will be moving around a lot, and shlepping a lot of
baggage,I need to keep my camera kit small and light.  I could use
some advice on what to bring.

Of course, I will be taking my K-5 II S, which is my go-to camera, and
my most versatile lens, the DA 18-135 mm F 3.5-5.6 zoom.

My back-up camera is normally the K-r, but it is pretty big.  The same
applies to my trusty *ist D. I am considering taking the K-01 instead.
Another possibility would be the Optio, which is easy to slip into my
pocket so I can take it anywhere.  Of course, it is quite limited, but
it could allow me to get some shots I might miss if I do not have the
big DSLR with me.  The GoPro would also be handy and easy to pocket.

For lenses, I have been using the FA 100 F2.8 Macro a lot lately, and
it would be great for flowers, food and small objects, but it is big
and heavy.  Other lenses I might like to have with me are the DA F2.8
35 mm macro limited, the DA F2.8 40 mm XS, or the DA 50mm F1.8.  I
might want another zoom, perhaps the 75-300, DAL F18-55, or DAL
50-200.

Can I get by with a monopod, or should I lug the Manfrotto tripod
along?  Most of the shots will be outdoors, and the K-5 is pretty good
in low light, but I might need the external flash as well.

There is just too much gear.  I can't afford to be overloaded to the
point I  will spend more time lugging a camera bag than taking images.

What do you folks think is essential for a once-in -a-lifetime trip like this?

Dan Matyola