> I could be mistaken, but as I can see, Pentax do not seem to use
> floating element design like the other manufacturers. I know Nikon
> use it. Any idea?

I think that one of the Pentax lenses that may supposedly have
involved some Zeiss/Pentax collaboration is the the K 28/2, which
uses a floating element.

Actually, though, it is not clear in my mind, but wouldn't IF
lenses be, in effect, lenses that have floating elements (inasmuch
as one or more elements move relative to the other elements when
focusing)?  Or, to put it another way, couldn't the term be applied
to any lens that moves elements (or groups of elements)
differentially, compared to other elements (or groups)?

Fred