I had lunch with the Pentax Rep today.  He did not get away with just buying
me a bowl of broth this time. No, I insisted on a big New York Strip with
all the trimmings. It was hard to eat all that for lunch, but I manfully
persisted until it was gone. He is just like Santa Claus, everytime I see
him he gives me a new toy.

Nothing earth shattering was discussed. Talked some about Pentax lens design
philosophy. I discovered that I had bought my first Pentax a year before he
did. Strangely, he says he used Pentax personally all the time he was a rep
for another camera company because he liked the glass better.

We talked about the upcoming Nature Photo Weekend at Grandfather Mountain.
It is going to be a great program this year, and he is going to try and have
a lot of exotic Pentax Glass for us PDMLer's to try, so make sure you put it
on your calender, May 30 thru June 2, 2002. Check it out at
www.grandfathermountain.org.

Earlier, we, and Bill Owens were wondering if Tom Van Veen was going to go
for a swim again this year? And, whether if he does, will he take his
clothes off first this time? How about it Tom? <GRIN>

Ciao,
Graywolf
http://pages.prodigy.net/graywolfphoto