On 5/26/2015 11:05 PM, Ann Sanfedele wrote:
IN elements 5 I can easily outline the letters in a line of text.. the
choices for doing all sorts of fancy stuff show on a panel on the right
hand side of the screen - but in 10 the panel with choices invloving
text just isn't there.  Typing outlining text in the help box doesn't
help,  I tried several variations in ways to ask but no luck..
I'm hoping it is just living somewhere I hvaen't thought of.  Anyone?

keeping calm and carrying on...

ann

I don't know Elements 10 very well, but in Photoshop there's a "fx" button down in the bottom right hand corner of the screen that allows you to do things to text (among other things).

That said, there might be an answer to how to get what you want in one of these tutorials:

http://www.photoshoplady.com/top-50-stunning-text-effect-photoshop-tutorials/

Also from Adobe:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/using/effects.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/using/add-text.html#about_text