I did use the 400 film first - then switched to Velvia.  I have never used
the manual ISO setting, but I also never checked the ISO setting after I
changed to the Velvia.  It never even occurred to me.  It makes sense that
that is what might have happened.  I just put in a roll of 200 print film to
see if that works, and the ISO setting does register as 200.  When I
originally changed from 400 to Velvia, it was a very damp and cold day.
Maybe that made a difference as far as the camera setting staying at 400.
Thanks so much for getting back to me.  I will definitely check now each time
I put new film in the camera.

Kathy L.