Yes, Bob, I have been aware of that fact since elementary school.

More recently, I wades through Michael Korda's monumental hagiography
of Lee, which I recommend for those who love Lee, those who know
little about him, and those, like me who consider him one of history's
most egregious scoundrels.  He is perhaps the closest thing America
ever had to royalty, at least until JFK.
Dan Matyola