I think Adobe uses the Creative Cloud system to deliver updates, patches, bug-fixes etc to the stand-alone products.

On 6/10/2015 12:34 PM, Eric Weir wrote:
Recently I upgraded to standalone Lightroom 6. Somehow in the process
Creative Cloud-related folders and software got installed on my
system. One of them has a Creative Cloud uninstaller. At this point I
am not interested in Creative Cloud and prefer not to have software
and files that I don’t use on my system. Any reason not to use the
uninstaller?

Thanks,

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA eew...@bellsouth.net

"What does it mean...that the world is so beautiful?"

- Mary Oliver