Especially for Paul Sorenson to note - I found the text outline tool!

Another one of those things where from one version to later ones they have to change the names of things.

Under "effects" then under "Layer styles" select "strokes" and instead of just one outline box to click on, you have a choice of colors and elaborateness..
I get what I want clicking "black" .

One thing in ELements version 10 I can't seem to do is to use the roller on the mouse to change the size of the image in the work area.. something I use a lot if I'm doing spotting and such.. it does it gradually in elemtns 5 that way ... but in 10 it just zooms in and out with the cntrl + or - thing.

after all my techno hassles, it ws topped off with a toothache that was cured by an extraction... wasn't any use to do root canal as it was way in the back and had no adjoining teeth to support a fix anyway.. andy ya know, I really don't need tooth... Had a day and a half of hell - then delight quickly - . phew!
Don't expect photos :-)

However I might get to a couple of peso's from my Botanical garden trip a few days ago when I picked up my free membership...

Just wanted to keep ya posted.

ann