> On Jun 8, 2015, at 5:03 PM, Darren Addy <pixelsmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I've sort of started an unofficial project to photograph the barns
> that are rapidly being replaced by metal machine shed here in Farm
> Country. Particularly over the Ogallala Aquifier, precious farmland is
> being harvested from what was formerly the homestead and livestock
> area of the family farms. The houses and barns are often allowed to
> fall into disrepair, if not bulldozed to make room for pivot
> irrigation.
>
> I've already regretted not preserving many unusual barns that are now
> history. I've decided to try to take the time to capture those that I
> can, before they are all gone.
>
> This one was taken on Sunday, south of Snyder, Nebraska - a small town
> that will be celebrating its 125th anniversary later this month. Used
> the superb 77mm Limited at f/8, where it naturally excelled.
>
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/pixelsmithy/18422287348/

A worthy project, Darren. It would be a shame to lose that one.

My grandparents’ farmstead, where I spent the first years of my childhood,
disappeared several years ago. Breaks my heart. The only thing left is a
relatively new metal machine shed.

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net

“...we are a form of invitation to others and to otherness..."

- David Whyte