Quoting Ken Waller <kwal...@peoplepc.com>:

Nice capture. Reminds me of the smaller owls I've seen.

Approximately how big are they?

Are they both mature ?

Thanks for the comment, Ken.

A mature frogmouth is about barn owl size - the larger one in the photo is mature; the smaller one about half grown - not sure if the two birds are related.

Frogmouths are much like owls in habit - they're nocturnal, fly silently and prey on insects etc.

Cheers

Brian

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia
http://lyons-ryan.org/southernlight/

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Walters" <apathy...@lyons-ryan.org>
Subject: OT PESO - Friends

Tawny Frogmouths have to be my favourite Australian native birds. They spend their days perched on eucalypts trying to look like dead branches - and very effectively too.

These two had been injured and are being rehabilitated at a wildlife park.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1370864/PESO/slides/_IGO1036-EM10-1-peso.html

http://tinyurl.com/pzqha4q

(click the image to see a larger version)