I thought I chimed in on how nice those are, but I guess I just forwarded them to Zab.

I envy both the shots and the sight.  I've never seen the Aurora.

Darren Addy wrote:
Got a Red Alert from the UK early yesterday afternoon, meaning auroras
were active. Problem for me was, the auroras would need still need to
be active when it got dark, and preferably near midnight to 1 AM when
the central bulge would be pointing at me (opposite the sun). The
aurora forecast looked promising though and so I kept a close eye on
it. When Facebookers started reporting aurora as far south as
Pennsylvannia and northern Iowa around 10:30 PM I headed out. It was
good (for Nebraska) and then at 12:15 AM it briefly got GREAT. Could
not believe it when it exceeded the FOV of my 30mm.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pixelsmithy/18887926418/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pixelsmithy/19075589155/

K-3 and Sigma EX 30mm f1.4 (at f1.8) that I got used from Tim Bray for
just this purpose.13 second exposures, ISO 400

--
Larry Colen  l...@red4est.com (postbox on min4est)