Thanks Ann, Jack, Larry, and everybody else who looked and commented.

With y'all's responses, y'all [sic] convinced me that the first photo
is more interesting.

Jack, while I do not remember for sure that I didn't do a manual touch (I like 60-250's "quick-shift" manual focus override), it was on AF. And, as many others, I frequently use the technique where
I use the central-point AF, lock the focuse on the subject and reposition.

Igor