Raleigh had their annual 4th of July fireworks display. Actually, two
simultaneous displays.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jb_sessoms/18822838903

This image is looking south.

The building in the left foreground is the new Raleigh Civic Center,
with the Red Hat amphitheater in front of it. The concert in progress
was Barenaked Ladies w/ Violent Femmes. I'd heard of them, but didn't
really know any of their music.

When I looked them up this morning I found that Barenaked Ladies does
the theme song for the TV show Big Bang Theory.

Just beyond the Civic Center is the Lenoir St parking garage.

Fireworks display number one is launching from the parking lot south of
the amphitheater; west of the parking garage. Display number 2 is
launching from a parking lot on the east side of the Lenoir St garage.

The second display is intended to be viewed from Fayetteville St which
is downtown Raleigh's "main street" running from Capitol Square to
Memorial Auditorium (now the Duke Energy Center for the Performing
Arts). They closed Fayetteville St down for a street fair which
culminated in the second fireworks display.

The fireworks were set for fairly low burst heights, but I found a spot
on the top level of another parking garage where I could see over the
top of the Civic Center & catch both displays.

You can't really see it in this image, but out on the horizon I could
also see the fireworks displays for some of the smaller Wake County
communities (Cleveland, Clayton & Garner).

I hope everyone else enjoyed the 4th as much as I did.