Hello Ben!

Welcome back to PDML! It's been a while since you last chimed in in October.

Thank you, Ben and Alastair for the ultimate answer.
Yep, the picture in Wikipedia looks almost identical to mine.

I haven't seen cockroaches around for a while, but just last week I've seen in the garage something that I now think might have been this wasp's larva. I found this wasp yesterday morning inside the house, in the utility room. I caught him with a plastic tab (even before realizing it had wings, at first, from far away, I thought it was a spider).
He was moving too fast, running out of focus too quickly.
I've tried to chill it down 2-3 times in the fridge, but it was going too fast from a completely limp to the agile state.
So, I gave up and let it out outside of the house.

Igor

Hi Igor (and PDML),

This is an Ensign Wasp (Family: Evaniidae), probably in the genus Evania - ID confirmed by my Hymenopterist colleague at the Natural History Museum.

More info here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evaniidae

All the best,

Ben