Thanks, Steve - I will follow your suggestion and look at blooms at the end of their cycle.

Mark

On 7/15/2015 4:05 PM, steve harley wrote:
On 2015-07-15 13:47 , Mark C wrote:
http://www.markcassino.com/b2evolution/index.php/grey-headed-coneflower-patterns

A couple shots of a coneflower bud, showing the swirling patterns within it.
One high magnification and one at standard macro magnification. I keep
looking for subjects other than insects.

that's lovely and inspiring

plants in various states are a muse to me — i suggest looking also at the tail end of the flowering process

---