From: PDML [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of Rick Womer
Sent: Friday, 17 July 2015 11:38 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: PESO - The City

Wow. Thanks everyone!

Alan, I don't think it's physically possible to get the whole building in
one shot. It is enormous, and tightly surrounded by other buildings.

The whole area was utterly leveled during the Blitz, and St. Paul's was hit
by bombs three times; but by extremely diligent fire brigade and
bomb-disposal work the damage was limited. Amazing. After the war, lots of
office buildings colonized the newly-vacant land around the cathedral.

The best view I've ever had of St. Paul's was on Christmas day in 1981. My
wife and I walked from our flat in Bloomsbury to St. Paul's for evensong. A
couple of inches of fresh snow had fallen, and (it being Christmas) there
was no traffic at all. We walked on untracked snow up the middle of High
Holborn, with St. Paul's looming majestically in front of us. No camera,
alas. I'll be very senile before I forget that afternoon.

Rick
http://photo.net/photos/RickW

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 8:14 AM, Jack Davis <jdavi...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Composition very well chosen. Makes the difference.

follow the directions.

follow the directions.