Either Ricoh doesn't want to renew it, or they cannot find the passwords for access to GoDaddy registration account, as those who had them might be long gone. In either case, if Ricoh didn't warn PPG users that they are not going forward with it (I don't know, my notifications are turned off, and I haven't been there for ages), it is rather disrespectful of them.

Unfortunately, GoDaddy holds to that domain, by keeping it d renewed for the next year, so you cannot actually buy it. From the point of view of ICANN, it has been renewed already today. Otherwise, I would have considered jumping on it. ... Just for fun of it.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone will do that if GoDaddy releases it some time soon.

Igor