Hi Everyone:

Tuesday night, my dad—Charles S. Aguila--passed away.  He was 84 and had been
suffering with congestive heart failure.  My dad would have fit right in PDML.
He had a great sense of humor, was extremely generous, told funny stories, and
was a solid photographer in his own right.  Someday, I’ll scan some of his
slides and post them; they are really quite good.  He used to shoot with a
Minolta—I think.  I don’t know if his camera is still in the house.

Some of his funniest stories were about his paratrooper days.  Dad served in
Korea, and when his tour was completed he reenlisted in the reserves, went to
jump school, and served as a paratrooper in the 12th Special Forces. He never
jumped during active duty, but he completed 60+ jumps during his reserve
service.   He also earned Canadian wings during jump school training in Canada.
 After 31 years of military service, he retired Master Sergeant E9.

He is 81 in the photo below.  When I took this photo three years ago, I thought
for sure he’d be around for a good while longer.  He looks so fit and young for
81.  But in the last year and a half, his health turned.  He died at home with
everyone near by and surrounded in love.

Love you, Dad!  Miss you tons!
Christine

http://www.caguilaphotography.com/dad/content/81st_birthday_large.html