A thousand years from now, when future archeologists are digging out the
foundation of our civilization, they'll ask their AI, "what the heck is all
that old plastic stuff in the box?"
"I think it was called film."
"what's it for?"
"Recording still images."
"Sheesh, what a PITA! Can you get anything out of it?"
"Most is too deteriorated to see anything recognizable, but this frame looks
like it is a representation of a small feline."
"Figures. I have seen 8 million pictures of cats from this era already. Why do
you suppose they used this junk?"
"They were strange and conflicted people."

Godfrey