Yikes!! I thought the 55-300WR I bought a couple months ago would be the last purchase for a while.

How wrong I was. Last weekend I popped the SD card out of the K-5, copied the files to my desktop and when I tried to put the card back in the camera it wouldn't latch in place. Tried several different cards...same result. I wouldn't have felt as bad if the sensor had failed.

At any rate, Precision Camera wanted $206.50 (labor) plus parts to do the repair. Thinking I might be spending $300-400 to repair a several generations old camera I went to Adorama and B&H in search of a replacement that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg.

A K-3 with a BG-3 grip for $749 should arrive tomorrow.

-p
--
Being old doesn't seem so old now that I'm old.