I like driving. The last car I owned was an MG B Roadster, but the times I got
to actually enjoy it were so few and far between that the hassles massively
outweighed the pleasures. Utility driving - which is probably 99% of car use
for most people - is just a huge pain in the arse.

And as for the countryside, it is of course mass car use that is destroying it
- the pleasure of driving in it has a high cost. I get far more enjoyment from
cycling and walking in the countryside than I ever did from driving in it