Thanks Dan, Alan, Rick and Igor for the comments.

It’s a bit of one of the five fountain pen ink testing stations at last
weekend’s San Francisco International Pen Show. Each station offered 100
different inks to try. And yes, that’s 500 different fountain pen inks (who
knew?). Here’s a slightly wider view:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/685j5d30bro9u2d/testing.jpg?dl=0

Sometime's it’s just got to be color.

- Marco