I used an old m42 screw mount bellows for several years with my snowflake photos. I was leery about putting the m42 to K adapter onto DSLR / SLR, just because removing the adapter can be fiddly. So I put the adapter on a 12mm extension tube and mounted the bellows on that, then mounted the tube onto the camera. No worries about quickly dismounting the bellows and using the camera. I saw light falloff in the corners of the SLR's I used this rig with (I was using that bellows set back when I was shooting snowflakes on 35mm film) but no light falloff on the APS C DSLR.

Personally I'd use the scanner - it would probably be slower but if you can load up a set of slides and batch scan them then it may be less demanding on your time, even if slower. The only thing I'd worry about is if the DMax of the scanner is up for the slides - scanning slides can be a challenge.

Mark