Yet, a five alarm fire, that destroyed a local boat yard, with a forty year history, and, which put probably 40-50 people out of work, never, and I mean never, made it into the local news, either print of broadcast, a few years ago. Which is about the time I stopped reading the local and regional papers.

As Carl Kolchak, (obscure pop reference), used to say, "That's News!" But, it would require actually having local reporters and stringers to report it. Maybe, even pay for a photographer.

I find it even more annoying when events such as a chicken snarl or duck walk, appears in a paper after a major event is essentially ignored.

These people think that the internet is killing newspapers and television news, but that's not true, those institutions are killing themselves.