I've been using Nicole's K-r as a backup body this weekend. On one hand, I've
been impressed with how well it does and what a huge improvement over the K-x
it is.  Unfortunately it seems to have a flakey control/thumb wheel. Sometimes
it works OK, sometimes it will not read a click, sometimes it will only feed
signals for going one way, no matter which way you turn the wheel.  I guess
we'll discuss the issue with KEH when we get back.

Larry Colen wrote:
I was discussing packing, camera gear etc. with my friend Nicole who will be driving in the SCCA runoffs next week. I joked that if she replaced her D90 with a Pentax body, then we could share lenses, with less to pack, and I'd be able to keep a second lens mounted when photographing her track sessions. In order to convince ourselves that this really was not a feasible idea, we looked up the price for K-3 at KEH (about $80 less than new on Amazon). However, they also had a red K-r for $168.
She has a thing for red, it arrives tomorrow.

I do still have my stormtrooper K-x, but the shutter button has been rather fussy for a while.

Yes, I know a woman software engineer, who races cars and makes impulse purchases of camera gear, maybe unicorns also exist.