On 9/25/2015 6:42 PM, Igor PDML-StR wrote:

Everybody knows that there will be no more Pentax lenses from Zeiss..
.. and there couldn't be any fewer either...

... but the latter depends how you count the famous K 28/2: Pentax lens from Zeiss, or Zeiss lens from Pnetax...

On a more serious note, - Mark, you might be right on the money, - that's quite possible that Zeiss will stop developing (and maybe even producing) lenses in K-mount. I wouldn't be surprised if those didn't sell much.

I had thought they had ceased production of ZK lenses sometime in 2010, and Lo consulting the lesser god Google, was given the word...

http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/the_online_photographer/2010/09/zeiss-to-discontinue-lenses-for-pentax.html

So this is pretty much old news. It was a bit saddening at the time, but didn't unduly disturb me. Zeiss makes a Veblen good, in a lot of ways. No one would deny that they make a very good product, no one would pay that much for it from a different manufacture, well. except maybe if it had Leica emblazoned on it somewhere.