Paul wrote:
Contact cleaner doesn't help with the K-X shutter button?

It worked a treat on my friend's K-r's edial, but the shutter is a mechanical issue.

-p

On 10/11/2015 10:31 PM, Larry Colen wrote:
My K-5 II just took a very small bump, a few inches to a plastic folding
table. However, it now acts as if the OK button is being held on
continuously as the focus point selection image on the info screen is
blinking on and off, it won't go into menu for more than a second. While
I can put it in MF mode with the switch, and adjust with other buttons
and dials, I cannot do anything that requires use of info, menu, or the
five way switch.
With 140,000+ activations on the shutter, I suspect that the camera is
now pretty much spare parts.

My K-x still mostly works, but the shutter button is rather flakey. I
have a strong suspicion that simply disassembling it, cleaning it, and
reassembling it would be sufficient to repair it. This is a process
that would be much easier with some sort of manual.

--
Larry Colen  l...@red4est.com (postbox on min4est)