> Quite true, Rob.  However, if I were interested in bidding on
> auction item, I would want as few others to know about it as
> possible.  The more that know, the more that bid, and the more
the
> price goes up.
>
> Fred
> -

Fred,

Sometimes I think that people announce these ebay finds just to
make sure nobody gets them cheap.  I think they enjoy being
spoilers.  In a group this large, you can be sure some are doing
it just for that reason.  Perhaps they already have the same
item and just can't stand the thought of someone else getting
one for less than they paid.

Len
---