Larry,

Some time ago, I was trying to find answers to similar questions.
Unfortunately, Pentax doesn't provide (at least at that point it didn't) any specs with respect to this. So, let me share the most essential bits of information that I was able to find (and still remember).

First, a few comments:
1. Note that Speed class (Class 10) specifies only the minimum speed and only for WRITING. 2. An additional classification that is somewhat complementary to theses classes is the UHS speed classes (UHS-1, and -3)
https://www.sdcard.org/consumers/speed/ .
They specify not only the minimum writing speed, but also the UHS mode of the SD bus.

3. Note, that you would benefit from how fast you can READ from the cards, both (a) in the camera and (b) in your card reader.

4. Also, note that SDXC, compared to SDHC also defines a difference in the file system support (exFAT).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital#File_system

So, when I was choosing my cards at the end of 2014 (I have k-5 iiS), but I was considering K-3, so, I had it in mind (somewhat).

My conclusion: to have at least Class-10, UHS-1.[*] I don't remember for sure if K-5/K-3 support UHS-I mode, but I deemed it to be necessary.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital#Transfer_modes

I forgot what I decided was the useful writing speed cut-off (I might not have gotten that number). I vaguely remember thinking in the range of 40-60 MB/s. (Notice, unlike internet connection speed, it is megabYtes per second, hence MB, not Mb)

[ Just in case: https://www.sdcard.org/consumers/speed/ says that
"Speed Class and the UHS Speed Class are not compatible", but that is
an ambiguous statement, as the cards include markings for both.]

In any case, the latest card I bought was 64GB Samsung PRO that is labeled: SDXC, I, (1), and Class 10: http://www.adorama.com/ISGMBSG64DAM.html .
This card has specs for 90 MB/s - Read, 50 MB/s write.
I've been using it for 10-11 months, and have no complaints. As a matter of fact, within this time I've used my SanDisk cards only once or twice.

Sorry for the lack of solid number, but I HTH,

Igor