Well I did look it up after I couldn't find Mrs Calabash..:-)

I never saw that film in a theatre and never from the very beginning when it was on TV in the 80's or laterin bits and pieces - much too much slapstick for me - but I kept trying to watch it because the cast was so great...

In the 60's I was definitely a "FILM" goer and hardly saw any Hollywood movies then - In the late 40's and 50's I sometimes sat twice through Hollywood double features.

so guilty with an explanation not recognizing Durante's quote.

ann