A replacement for a DSLR or other sophisticated systems camera? No.
A digital equivalent of a Polaroid SX-70, or other sophisticated fixed lens
camera? Maybe.

People said the same things about the SX-70 when it was first shown. "Awkward,
overly complicated, can't ever work right, so many problems…" etc. It went on
to have a 40-plus year legacy of folks who just used it and made a lot of
wonderful photographs … and that's still going on.

Unlike the Lytro, I think this design has some legs and possibilities. I doubt
it would replace my other cameras, but, like the SX-70, it might provide an
interesting alternative that's worth using.

I think I'll pre-order one.

>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3sIL3d7oTc