Larry, I bought one of the 67mm Snap On Lens Hoods for my Pentax A
35-105 f3.5 zoom - not
supplied by the evil bay seller.
70% functional as I think it does not protect the lens from extraneous
light coming from the sides
May be good for wider lenses say 10-20 mm.

I miss the CPL Filter slot and the fact I cannot reverse mount the
lens hood on the lens.

So I made my own lens hood from shoe insole lining foam. Can be
reverse mounted as it is a
simple friction fit. Here in Bangalore these insoles cost some 20
cents a pair. But I have seen the
same sheets in Michael's in San Mateo.

Use the online template to print out the 16-50 lens hood.

Regards.
Bipin