I would have called it beach bunny, but hey. He was probably keeping very still hoping you hadn't noticed him, and twitched when he realized you had.

On 10/23/2015 10:28 PM, frank theriault wrote:
I was on a very narrow, muddy beach at a cove on the Lake when I heard
an unusual noise behind me. Turned around and there's this little guy:

http://knarfdummyblog.blogspot.ca/2015/10/bunny-on-beach.html

He stood stock still for several seconds. I crouched to get a better
angle and he flinched so I stopped. Fired off a few shots and then he
skittered off into some brush. Watched me warily for several seconds
and went deeper into the brush, and that was it.

One doesn't often see rabbits in broad daylight in the open like that.

I hesitated showing this because I wish it were sharper (I think
autofocus locked on to some grass or something) but I guess this will
do. Very enjoyable memory for me!

Hope you enjoy. Comments welcome.

cheers,

frank