Ken Hauck wrote:
Hello PDML list,

I have seen lots of discussion on the list about problems with SDM autofocusing
on the 16-50/2.8 DA* lens.  Over the last year or so I became enabled with a
K-3, 16-50/2.8 DA* and 50-135/2.8 DA*.  I last shot with the 16-50 in August
and it was fine, when I tried it yesterday the autofocusing wasn’t working.  My
50-135 autofocuses correctly so the camera seems fine.

Does anyone have any comments about things to try to see if the SDM can be
revived before I send it in for service?  Any other helpful comments?  Maybe
some sympathy? :-)

I bought a 16-50 a few years ago from another list member and it worked flawlessly until a few weeks ago, when I was on a trip and the autofocus completely failed. When I was packing it up to send to Precision for repair, I noticed a switch on the side of the lens where the slider was point to the MF position rather than the AF position. Moving the switch back to AF repaired the Auto Focus. You may want to double check the switch on yours.

A couple weeks later the lens failed again for another reason and in a way that made me think my camera body had died, but that is yet another story.

Thanks,
Ken Hauck

--
Larry Colen  l...@red4est.com (postbox on min4est)