Funny there's also a distiller named E. C. Booz selling Whiskey in Philadelphia about the time that Whiskey was first being bottled (1850-1860). That seems as likely a reason for the product's slang name as any. Now I can't find the bottle making connection online, but I first read in in a book in a library long before "everything" worth knowing was online.

I mean really, we don't go to the crapper to take a crap because excrement was called crap. We go to the Crapper because it was popularized by a London(?), well English anyway, plumber and plumbing manufacturer named Thomas Crapper, who popularized the water closet, and for this great service to humanity, he is forever immortalized as excrement.