Bruce Walker wrote:

> Molly Fassbender has a fascination with self-portraits, so I brought my
> little collection of vintage cameras along to our shoot last Thursday.
>
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/bruce_m_walker/22923705145/lightbox/
>
> 645Z, DFA645 90mm f:2.8 Macro, f:11, 1/125th sec, 100 ISO, handheld.
>
> One light: Buff 86" extreme silver PLM boomed directly overhead.
>
> Model: Molly Fassbender
> Hair & makeup: Judi Willrich

There's much to like here. It's striking image, an unusual but well thought
out composition, and as usual, the lighting is spot on.

I looked at a local gallery display recently of portrait photography by a
large number of different amateurs, and you could instantly spot those who
had and understanding of the subtle and suitable lighting. A look at the few
I have taken over the years, reveals I'm in the 'have not got the
understanding' category.

Malcolm