On 11/20/2015 12:51 PM, Mark Roberts wrote:
Having pondered this issue for a few days, here's my latest take on
it: Reuters doesn't really care much if their photographers shoot raw
or JPEG. Moreover, they're not even going to check... until there's an
accusation of manipulation. That way, if there ever *is* an accusation
they won't need to prove or even debate the highly contentious issues
of how much manipulation was done and how much is acceptable. They'll
just have to show it's not an in-camera JPEG and then dismiss the
photographer.

Could be their front office has reason to doubt the ability of their
photo editors to spot manipulated images & they think that accepting
only "in camera" JPEGs will reduce the risk they'll get burned again.

It shouldn't be that big a deal. I'm pretty sure the K-3 is not the only
dual-card camera with the capability to record RAW on one card
simultaneously with JPEG on the other.