On 11/24/2015 9:23 AM, Collin B wrote:
Looks like the styling section has picked on something.
I like the "barrel" (or "can") styling of the newer long lenses as opposed
to the  conical shape usually associated with them.
It's easy to do a barrel with a slow lens but the 70-200/2.8 reminds me of
the Sony barrels.
http://us.ricoh-imaging.com/product/d-fa/hd-pentax-d-fa70-200mm-f2-8ed-dc-aw
-wcase/

It makes for a large feeling lens as well. I handled one a couple of months ago at a dog and pony show the local pusher was hosting. I'm sure it's a good lens, but I didn't find it to be a comfortable lens.