On 2015-12-01 8:52 , P.J. Alling wrote:
A web blog run by Mike Johnston, who was once, a member of this list.

i like TOP; i'd say it's my favorite general photo blog, though i haven't sought out many; while sites like dpreview have massive technical rundowns, their comments/forums drone on and on; in contrast, Mike curates TOP's comments pretty well

yes, TOP became heavy on the personal saga; but that is the beauty of true blogs, they are by a real person; Mike is a good writer, and he engages with his readers pretty successfully i think

i don't read every article, and i follow it via RSS so i rarely see the ads; in addition to the articles by Ctein i enjoy the photographers TOP highlights and occasionally the gear articles (which are quite atypical for a photo site); i have even bought prints from his very affordable print sales

i get a mix of photo news, from here, from TOP, from some of the photo "magazines" on Flipboard, and from looking up topics myself; once in a while this has led me to Luminous Landscape, but not often