On Friday, April 26, 2002 9:29 PM, Evan Hanson
[SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
> I live in the flight path of a local Air Reserve Base, so I've
> become accustomed to seeing large planes skim over the tree
> tops.  Last night however, I missed a great photo opportunity
> because I had left my camera in its bag.  As I was walking my dog
> around dusk I heard the familiar roar of the C-130 Hercules.  As
> I looked up I saw the plane with all of its lights running lumber
> closer until it reached a point which would have corresponded to
> about a 100 mm lens.  The plane was framed perfectly by the trees
> with the full moon beside it all set against the deep blue of the
> sky.  When will I ever learn?
> -

And Saturday evening just before sunset my wife and I took our
grand-daughters for a walk along the beach in pouches, so I didn't take
a camera.  The moon rose huge and orange over a wine-dark sea, with the
gentle breakers in the foreground!

John Coyle
Brisbane, Australia