Dnia 29-04-2002 o godz. 5:56 James Adams napisał(a):
> I just saw this on Ebay, and opted to BIN for $24
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1349523214
>
> 8 Russian M49 Filters......
> yellow-1.4x; yellow-2x, yellow-green-1.4x; yellow-green-2x;
Orange-2.8x;
> blue-1.4x; br> red-8x, dark-4x.
> Having just priced the filters locally after deciding to start
B&W, these
> are worth a try (8 for the price of 1).
> James

Well the price is IMO normal. You can get a Russian filter (M49)
for abou 4 USD in Poland so 24 USD for the set seems an usual
price.
OTOH I've been told by the camera store clerk (who uses Pentax
as well) that those cheap Russian filters are of poor quality.
He said, that even my 25-80/4-5.6 would suffer after putting
them on in terms of image quality. He suggested a Sunpack
filter - the're about 13 USD a piece. I got red, yellow and
green but that's all they've got in store. They will get more
along with a flash delivery so it can some time. But 24 USD
won't probably ruin your budget so they're worth a try. As they
say, your mileage may vary - quality of Russian products is said
to to differ from one to another day of production.

Cheers

Maciej