I just figured out a workaround. Here it is if someone is interested:
I took a photo [a virtual copy] (just in case, it was the photo with the minimum amount of adjustements needed) to which the desire preset was applied, and placed it into the collection together with the [virtual copies of] photos that I wanted to convert with this preset (sephia in this case). Then I chose all the photos while making sure that the "converted" photo is in the focus. Then I did "sync" and chose to sync:
"Tone curve"
"Treatment (Black & White)
"Black & White Mix"
"Split Toning".

I am not sure if "Tone Curve" and "Split Toning" were playing any role in this preset, but since I haven't touched those myself, it wouldn't be a problem if those are synchronized as well.

This did the job.

I am surprised why applying the presets is not set to apply the "differential" settings, but changes all settings. Maybe they changed this in LR 6.x, I don't know..

Igor