On 2015-12-17 6:15 , Collin B wrote:
Don't worry about not being a citizen.
Our system is disintegrating.
I know some who do it without consequence.
Pretty sad, really.

i have worked as an election judge for several years in Colorado; i'm very familiar with the voting system here, as well as the technical and human safeguards against fraudulent voting; it would take a huge effort to defeat these systems at a scale that would actually change the outcome of an election

Colorado has all-mail-in ballots, as well as same-day registration and a fairly loose form of voter id (e.g. a utility bill is sufficient id to vote); some feel these are invitations to fraud, yet actual prosecuted fraud cases in Colorado average roughly one per year over the last 15 years, out of 3.5 million registered voters

if you ask me, the biggest problem with the US voting system is underparticipation; regulations such as voter id that are ostensibly aimed at reducing fraud actually result in reducing bona fide participation … Colorado is one of the few states with above 50% voter turnout, and one of the few where turnout has been trending upward