Larry Colen Fri, 18 Dec 2015 16:37:28 -0800 wrote:

Igor PDML-StR wrote:

Dan, thank you,

All my mail programs (with one exception for the work e-mail), -
are set to sent messages in plain text.
(And for cell phone, I highly recommend Aquamail for Android for that
and many other reasons.)

I've been using K-9 on android, I'm interested as to why Aquamail might be better, have you tried them both?

IMHO, Aquamail is the best software I've seen over many years.
It is an impression based on the combination of functionality, design and support. (... and a smart, funny developer). $5 best spent (for the Pro version, which is different from the free version only in 2-3 features.)

There are 3 features that are not implemented in it:
Aquamail comes short if you need PGP/GPG or ActiveSync.
It does connect to Exchange server using EWS.
It lacks some obscure Exchange-related functionality.

Rather than these things, it excels at everything else...
I am not sure where to start...
00. Privacy policy (For details and comparison see here:
In short, unlike MOST apps, it doesn't store your logins/passwords and messages on the intermediate servers and doesn't call "home" with your usage information (to the best of my knowledge), and doesn't have superflous permissions. Most reviewers of various mail apps have not idea (or don't care) about what their apps are doing.
Read the first post here:
http://androidforums.com/threads/email-which-apps-keep-it-private.935578/

0. Plain text functionality (but it can do Rich Text as well)
1. Good ergonomics with tons of functions.
2. Extremely flexible configurations (with tons of options for everything)
3. Multiple identities per account (in the Pro [paid, $5] version)
4. Great support from the developer (on the app's forum).
5. Nice default settings. 6. Option to resize images (quickly and easily) while sending e-mails.

Among other features:
a) Supports IMAP push
b) Per account synchronization setting.
c) 0auth2 support (For Gmail accounts).
d) Very elegant conversation mode.
e) Different sync and notification settings for wi-Fi vs. mobile, and
for day/night, weekday/weekend.
f) Configurable swipe gestures.
g) Quick actions from notifications.
h) Automatic setup for most major providers

I have rather limited knowledge of K-9, as when I was choosing between the two, I liked Aquamail very quickly so I didn't have time to evaluate K-9 in detail.

HTH,

Igor