> Another thing that I've taken to doing is changing rolls before
> they get to the end.  If there are four or five or so exposures
> left, and there's a break in the shooting, I'll put in a fresh
> roll.  It's really disappointing to have found a good subject and
> developed a rhythm, only to have to stop and reload or change
> camera bodies as you're reaching a peak.

This is true for me, but most especially when "covering" an event
(such as a wedding, for example).  I'd rather have a pocket full of
partially exposed rolls than to be caught "between rolls" at a
critical time.  Besides, film is (relatively) cheap - it's the
developing that puts a dent in the wallet - so it's not worth it (to
me) to try to squeeze an extra shot or two onto a roll when I could
instead be comfortably ready with a fresh roll (depending on the
exact circumstances, of course).

Fred