Dan,

What is the "library card catalog"? ;-)
Does it have Ctrl-F in it or can you just google it? ;-)
:D

It sounds along the lines of "LP records", "DIALING a phone",
"TAPING a conversation/interview", ...

Actually, many science students (including graduate ones), when asked to do a literature search start with googling first, instead of going to a dedicated bibliographic engine, like Web of Science or INSPEC.
(And, unfortunately, some even stop there...)

But, on another hand, the fuzzy search implemented by Google, sometimes helps finding some results based on vague information.

Around 1992-1993, I heard this story from a friend-librarian. She saw some inter-library request form that went through a bunch of major international libraries (in the US and Europe) without much of success: they couldn't find the source requested. At the Russian State Library (the national library located in Moscow, that used to be called "Lenin State Public library of the USSR"), which by the function is similar to the US Library of Congres in the US, they found the source. The reason for success was that in 1992-1993, they were still using manual catalog search in Moscow, and the human essentially performed a "fuzzy search", while the computer-based catalog searches performed at other major libraries in the world failed.

BTW, I had fun looking at your photo.

Igor