Larry,

I like the B&W one, and the toasting lady.
However, IMHO, both would benefit from a crop, especially the latter one.
I see it in a 5x5 format (or, maybe 4x4 :-) ) where the (wierd-looking) guy is mostly or completely cut off. I would chop off the head on the left in the B&W photo, probably making that photo into a square one as well, or at least not as wide one... maybe
by the inflection point (shoulder-neck).

I enjoyed the 3rd photo (with the flag) - that is a fun one and well done.

The partial faces in the 2nd is an unfortunate distraction.
I'd play with cropping there, but it looks like it would be hard to make it working well.

Igor