Mark,
Wikipedia says "There is currently no effective treatment or cure for akinetopsia."

My first impression was it was created to be viewed with the 3D glasses.
It indeed has a feel of some impressionist painters. (I am thinking about one particular artist, but couldn't think who... Maybe Monet? With his "Vetheuil in the Fog", "Springtime", "Study of a Figure Outdoors: Woman with a Parasol, facing left", "In the garden"?)
But this is not quite my "cup of champaign".  :-)
And that's even for the listed paintings of Monet (I prefer some others).
Though, I enjoyed most of your other images on thumblr (or probably all of them) much more.

The one from 1977 stands out. It looks like a shot from a movie
("Back to the future" or something like that).
I like the facial expressions of the target couple in it.
I am surprised that with a 1-second exposure, the rest of the couples aren't blurred more. Maybe your flash was too strong.

Thanks for sharing!

Igor