Having sent off three LX's for CLA's (guess what - "sticky mirrors")
to Pentax USA in Colorado, I am pleased to report that all repairs
seemed to go pretty smoothly, as far as I can tell (now having run
some film through each body).

All are fairly old LX's.  Two needed just the CLA's, which cost
155.75 each (including shipping).  The third needed a CLA, plus
deserved having the exposure comp release button upgraded to be able
to activate metering (it is my oldest LX), and it cost $166.25
(including shipping).

Total turn-around time, including shipping both directions, was
approximately 6 weeks (without any sort of "priority service").  The
two CLA'ed (only) LX's arrived in separate packages but on the same
day, while the LX with the CLA plus metering activation upgrade took
a few days longer (but still less than 7 weeks).

So, having procrastinated for some time before finally sending them
off to Colorado (due to hearing some not too favorable repair
reports - I myself had no experience with Pentax USA repairs
previously), I'd say that I am relieved, and I am pleased to pass on
the good news.  I hope your mileage may not vary.

So, professional repairs for my "pro" (<g>) camera bodies...  ;-)

Fred